December 17, 2014 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm EST
This is the fourth in a series of four independent, yet interrelated webinars intended to help participants understand the tort liability/risk management process. Content will include:
- Three actual tort claims filed against public road agencies in terms of the facts and theories of liability of each claim.
- Results of the claim, i.e., jury verdict, out-of-court settlement, etc.
- Specific risk management lessons learned from each claim in terms of enhancing the safety of transportation systems.
Note: This webinar is for general information purposes. The information contained should not serve as an alternative to legal guidance from your attorney or other professional legal service provider.
- Discuss the validity of the claim by by presenting the arguments raised by the plaintiffs and arguments raised by the defendants .
- Recognize the importance of documentation,standards of care and trial exhibits.
General Registration $125.00 (ITE Member $100.00)
Course Credit Requirements:
A course evaluation must be completed. This enrollment and the evaluation is name specific and non-transferable. Site attendees may earn course credits upon verification by ITE staff. Instructions regarding the process will be provided to the site registrant.
Dr. Ronald W. Eck, P.E., Consulting Engineer, Morgantown, WV, USA
Russell Brownlee B.Sc., M.A.Sc., FITE, P.Eng., Principal, Road Safety Group, Giffin Koerth Forensic Engineering, Toronto, ON, Canada
Organizational Capability Element:
- Education, Training & Professional Activities
- Staff Development
Operations Area of Practice:
- Risk Management
- Training and Profesional Development