The 2023 TSMO Awards will be open for submissions soon!
The NOCoE TSMO Awards celebrate the TSMO strategies and tools that leverage existing infrastructure to increase safety and reliability.
Each year, NOCoE awards winners in four award categories. For 2023, the categories are:
- Best TSMO Project
- Agency Improvement
- TSMO and Safety
- Emerging Practices and Technologies
More information each category will be available soon.
Categories winners will be announced in the spring of 2023.
A TSMO Award Overall Winner is then chosen from the four category winners and announced during the summer of 2023.
Each year NOCoE also awards a TSMO Champion, an individual who has made significant contributions to advancing TSMO both inside their organization and within the industry at-large.
Winners are celebrated at an industry event and their work is featured via NOCoE's partners and other industry leaders.
Most award submissions are also turned into NOCoE Case Studies, which form a library of TSMO strategies, tactics, and best practices that can be shared with other TSMO practitioners and organizations.
Award Submission Eligibility
NOCoE TSMO Awards are open to any city, county, MPO (RPO, COG), regional or state agency and private sector organizations.
Applicants should describe a TSMO project or strategy, implemented within the last five years that demonstrates transportation system management or operations success in saving lives, time or money (individually or in combination). Submissions will be judged on the 1200 word submissions (with weighted sections) and supporting documentation that demonstrates an overall public, community and industry impact, creativity and advances TSMO.
Submissions may be shared publicly and on the NOCoE website (unless otherwise requested).
All applications for the 2023 awards cycle must be submitted using an online submission portal. Applications must include any associated TSMO program planning documents, and may include any supporting documentation that further explains the processes involved. Each submission should include:
- Name of the organization(s) applying for the award
- Name of contact applying for the award including:
- Address (city, state, zip code, country)
- Phone number
- Twitter handle (if applicable)
- Category being applied for
- Up to 1,200 words in the following sections:
- Background - Provide details of history and situation that led to a need for a TSMO solution
- TSMO Planning, Strategies and Deployment - Provide details of the TSMO implementation process from beginning to end
- Communications Planning and Execution - Provide details of the communications process with the public, within your agency, and if applicable, coordination with other agencies
- Outcome, Benefit and Learnings - Provide details of how the TSMO solution worked, any public or community benefit and lessons learned
- Photographs, diagrams, graphics, logos etc. associated with your submission. Please submit individually in 300 DPI or in the highest resolution possible. Also, any agency/company logos should be submitted in .eps format along with a .jpeg or .png.
Any supplemental materials that are not included in the case study submission document should be submitted at the same time. Please make sure all supporting documents share a common title (ex. TSMO AZ Case Study, TSMO AZ Photo1, TSMO AZ Diagram1).
10% – Background
20% – TSMO Planning, Strategies and Deployment
20% – Communications Planning and Execution
40% – Outcome, Learnings and Public Benefit
10% - Visual, photographic, and video materials
TSMO Champions are chosen by publicly submitted nominations that are reviewed by leaders in the transportation industry.
To submit a nomination for TSMO Champion, please email Adam Hopps with the following information:
- Name, title, and organization of the nominee
- One paragraph career bio of the nominee
- One to two paragraphs on the nominee's contributions to their organization
- One to two paragraphs on the nominee's contributions to the industry
- Photo of the nominee and any other video, photgraphic, or visuals to support the nomination