The purpose of this message is to notify you of the upcoming Every Day Counts: “Using Data to Improve Traffic Incident Management (TIM)” webinars sponsored by the FHWA Office of Transportation Operations. Please be sure to share this announcement with your staff , members and stakeholders. The webinar will provide an introduction to the TIM data collection initiative that promotes the increased collection and use of TIM data to improve responder safety and incident mitigation. Implementing this EDC initiative can benefit your state or metropolitan area in many ways:
· Increasing the amount, consistency and quality of TIM data collection supports agencies in developing performance measures for evaluating and improving traffic incident response;
· Reliable and sufficient TIM data can be used to recognize trends, institutionalize programs, identify areas for improvement, develop consequence modeling, and inform future planning;
· Using comparable data reporting will increase transparency in demonstrating program effectiveness and justify future funding for TIM resources by quantifying its safety and economic benefits.
Topic to be discussed: Presenters will provide background and overview of the new national Everyday Counts Initiative 4; “Using Data to Improve Traffic Incident Management”, give a state of the practice overview for TIM data collection, explain the three key TIM performance measures, and discuss how some State and local partners are applying proven strategies to increase and improve data collection.
Primary presenters will include:
· Paul Jodoin, FHWA Office of Operations
· Sgt. John Paul Cartier, Arizona Department of Public Safety
· John McClellan, Minnesota DOT
· Joey Sagal, Maryland CHART Program
The same live webinar will be offered at the following times:
WEBINAR ONE LOGISTICS
Topic: EDC-4/Using Data to Improve TIM webinar
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Time: 3:00 – 4:30 PM ET
WEBINAR TWO LOGISTICS
Topic: EDC-4/Using Data to Improve TIM webinar (Duplicate)
Date: Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Time: 10:30 – 12:00 PM ET
The presentations and discussions will be followed by a question and answer session live and through the chat pod. If you have any questions about Using Data to Improve TIM or the webinar series, please contact Paul Jodoin at (202) 366-5465 or firstname.lastname@example.org .