The Adventures in Crowdsourcing webinar series presented its 22nd and final webinar on Tuesday, Apr 13th, 2023. The webinar featured rapid-fire information from up to 10 State or local agencies, each highlighting their use of various crowdsourced data to advance transportation operations. Following the rapid-fire presentations is a panel discussion focusing on the business case for crowdsourcing. The webinar concludes with information on continued resources to help advance the use of crowdsourced data, available through the FHWA Office of Operations and Technical Resource Center. For additional information, feel free to contact the FHWA EDC-6 Crowdsourcing co-leads, James Colyar, Greg Jones, and Ralph Volpe.
Rapid Fire Presenters:
- Tony Leingang, Washington State DOT – Crowdsourced Data from Smart Devices for Work Zones.
- Stephanie Marik, Ohio DOT – Road Weather and Arterial Management using Vehicle Probe Data.
- Randy Johnson, Kansas City Scout/Missouri DOT – Pothole CPR (Customer Proactive Reporting) Leveraging Waze Data.
- David Huft, South Dakota DOT – Winter Maintenance Performance Effectiveness using Vehicle Probe Data.
- Wang Zhang, Maricopa Association of Governments – Connected Car Data and Analytics for Regional Planning and Operations.
- Jeremy Dilmore, Florida DOT – Integrating Data for Queue Detection and Traveler Information.